Momentum’s whistleblower procedures provide a staff, participant, contractor, volunteer, donor, or member of the public with a way to report a whistleblower incident. A whistleblower incident is one that involves:
- Breach of legal obligations, rules, regulations or policy;
- Endangerment of health and safety;
- Gross mismanagement or omission or neglect of duty;
- Abuse of authority;
- Mismanagement in the use or failure to use funds, including, inappropriate recording or reporting of revenues, or lack thereof;
- Inappropriate classification or presentation of assets and/or liabilities;
- Breach of fiduciary duty and/or abuse of trust;
- Inappropriate occurrences at a Momentum event; and
- Concealment of any of the above or any other breach of this policy.
As a whistleblower:
- You can choose to remain anonymous.
- Your whistleblower incident will be dealt with in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- You are protected from retaliation, harassment, or other adverse employment consequences.
- You are presumed to be acting in good faith, and not making a false accusation.
- Fill in the form below documenting the whistleblower incident.
- The Treasurer of Momentum’s Board will be emailed the content of your form.
- The Treasurer of Momentum’s Board will investigate the issue, and will respond to you within 10 business days (if you have left your contact information).
- You will be notified of the resolution/decision.