How to Manage Money
Manage your money, manage your life!
Learn about budgeting, assets, banking, credit, debt management, and consumerism.
The curriculum in these workshops are focused on providing the knowledge and resources to help you develop a sustainable livelihood.
Sign up for as few or as many workshops as you’d like. Participants who attend all five workshops (Assets, Banking, Consumerism, Budgeting and Credit) will earn a certificate of completion.
Budgeting: Control your money
- Understand the differences between needs and wants
- Learn how needs and wants affects your spending habits
- Learn to track your expenses
- Learn to put together a budget
Banking: Be a smart bank customer
- Learn about your banking options
- Learn how to select the right account for you
- Understand the different types of financial products available
- Learn how to use these products and services safely and efficiently
Assets: Build your future
- Discover all the valuable qualities and things you have in life
- Learn how to use all your different types of assets to overcome challenges you face
Credit: Take charge of it
- Learn about the different types of credit products and how to use them wisely
- Learn ways to pay down your debt
- Get resources as to where you can turn for help
Consumerism: Decide for yourself
- Become more aware of the impact consumerism and advertising has on your spending
- Learn about alternatives to consumerism
On Demand Online courses
Take our money management courses online, on demand, for free! Learn at your own pace and on your own schedule. You can learn directly on your smartphone.
Manage your money course: Budgeting
Estimated course time: 45 minutes
- Your current relationship with money
- How needs, wants, and spending habits affect your budget
- How to track your expenses, spend less money, and build your savings
- How to build a simple budget based on your income and expenses.
Manage your money course: Credit
Estimated course time: 60 minutes
- How credit works
- The different forms of credit
- Billing, payments and interest
- Credit reports and credit scores
- Ways to build or rebuild credit and manage debt.
If you need any support with the courses please email us or phone 403-204-2664 for help.
Sign up for any of the online workshops.
November 30, 2020
In this two hour workshop you will learn all of your banking options and how to select the right account for you. You will understand the different types of financial products available and how to use these products and services safely and efficiently.
December 7, 2020
In this two hour workshop you will learn how to take control of your credit. Learn about the different types of credit products and how to use them wisely. Learn ways to pay down your debt and get resources as to where you can turn for help with your debt.
December 14, 2020
In this two hour workshop you will learn all about consumerism. Become more aware of the impact consumerism and advertising has on your spending and learn alternatives to consumerism.