Matched Savings for Adults
Save Money. Manage Your Finances. Reach Your Goals!
We know that managing and saving money can be hard, especially while living on a income. Momentum has been supporting Calgarians to manage their money and build ongoing saving habits for more than 20 years.
Matched Savings programs support you to learn financial literacy skills and for every dollar you save in the program, Momentum matches it at a ratio of 3-1.
How does it work?
Save money and build a habit
- Build the habit of saving by depositing up to $50 each month in your own bank account.
- We support you to achieve your savings goals and keep you accountable.
Learn in class and manage your money
- Come to interactive and non-judgmental financial literacy workshops with people in similar situations as yourself.
- Together, learn about budgeting, credit, debt management, assets, and other important topics.
Earn matched savings and put it towards your future
- For every one dollar you save, Momentum matches it times three!
- Use your combined savings to improve your future through education, tools for work, RESP, RDSP, housing, and more.
Matched Savings Program Success
“We were never taught about our finances. I was living paycheque to paycheque, no savings, nothing to fall back on. I feel like I have a better understanding of my finances. I’m not stressed out and I feel safe now.” – Jacklyn In a five-year reach back survey, 92% of our program graduates said they are still saving money on a regular basis.
“We were never taught about our finances. I was living paycheque to paycheque, no savings, nothing to fall back on. I feel like I have a better understanding of my finances. I’m not stressed out and I feel safe now.” – Jacklyn
In a five-year reach back survey, 92% of our program graduates said they are still saving money on a regular basis.
“I had a really bad habit of spending money burning in my pocket. Momentum really helped me, because I’m no longer spending because I can spend.” – Rain
On average, participants walk away saving $110 every month.
Momentum’s Matched Savings Program for Adults begin in the spring and fall of each year and fill up quickly. We accept applications year-round. To apply, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria:
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada
- You are not full-time student (some exceptions apply for: English language courses, upgrading, employment training programs, etc.)
- Your household is earning some form of an income, and it is below the following cut off chart (before tax)
|1 person||$ 2,592.10 ||$ 31,105.20|
|2 persons||$ 3,227.00||$ 38,724.00|
|3 persons||$ 3,967.20||$ 47,606.40|
|4 persons||$ 4,816.70||$ 57,800.40|
|5 persons||$ 5,463.00||$ 65,556.00|
|6 persons||$ 6,161.30||$ 73,935.60|
|7 or more persons||$ 6,859.80||$ 82,317.60|
These programs are currently on hold. Enter your information below to get updates about these programs.