In our free Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programs, you will upgrade your skills, get access to real on-site experience, and build important connections in the industry.
CostThis program is funded by the Government of Alberta and is provided at no cost to eligible participants.
Learn the skills
- Become certified in First Aid, CPR, CSTS and WHMIS
- Upgrade your English, math and science skills
- Receive technical training from Alberta’s premier trades college SAIT
- Gain valuable on-the-job training
- Develop skills and attitudes to help you succeed in your career
Do you qualify?
Apply for our upcoming program if you:
- Are underemployed or unemployed
- Were born outside of Canada or are Indigenous
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark Level 5/6
- Are ready, willing and able to complete our pre-Apprenticeship training to start a career in the trades
We are currently accepting applications for the following programs: Plumbing/Pipefitting, starting March 23, 2020 and Automotive/Heavy Duty Service Technician, starting March 30, 2020. Deadline to apply for either program is February 28, 2020.
Please e-mail us your resume and a program facilitator will be in touch about the next steps.
Interested in a different trade? Call 403 204 2686 or e-mail us to find out about other programs.
March 23, 2020
March 30, 2020