Part-Time Self Employment program
Do you want to start your own business but are still working part-time?
In this program, classes run twice a week for 12 weeks and cover topics such as entrepreneurial mindsets, your strengths as an entrepreneur, business modeling, financial modeling, marketing, sales, and resilience. After classes are complete, you will have 12 weeks of additional support through biweekly educational meetups and business coaching.
During this program, you will develop basic financial and marketing plans and work closely with your classmates to develop an entrepreneurial community of practice. Through your action work, you will develop relationships with your stakeholders, test your business assumptions and get yourself out there as an entrepreneur.
This program is designed for individuals who are looking to create their own job through self-employment and who are selling their time or expertise. You may be experiencing barriers to meaningful employment or be working part-time or full-time on smaller wages. You may want to use self-employment to increase your earning potential by supplementing your income or growing your business slowly.
By the end of 24 weeks with us, your business is anticipated to be operating with active sales. When you complete your program outcomes, you may apply for up to $5,000 in Micro Business Loans.
Business coaching is designed to support participants with individual needs that may not be covered or are more difficult to address in the classroom. This one-on-one relationship provides an amazing opportunity for participants to receive tailored feedback and support throughout their start-up process. Your business coaching sessions will take place once per week during the program and is available for an additional 12 weeks after the program.
CostFree (There is no Alberta Income Support or Employment Insurance support for this program)
Learn the skills
- Learn how to operate a successful business
- Biweekly one-on-one meetings with a Business Coach
- Develop marketing and sales skills
- Develop money management skills
- Develop goal setting and decision-making skills
Do you qualify?
- You experience barriers to meaningful employment
- You are living on a low income or are seeking financial independence
- You have a realistic business idea and are ready to start your business while in the program
- You are available to attend classes on Monday and Wednesday evenings
- You are coachable, committed, and ready to start your business!
Interested in learning more? Fill out the form and we will be in touch to discuss how we can assist your entrepreneurial journey.