At Momentum we like to try new things. Often this means that we offer our participants the opportunity to try new things with us. An interesting “first” happened in December 2013 with the inaugural Fair Gains Increase Your Social Assets Potluck. Highlights from the event include:
- 14 out of 21 participants attended
- Each attendee received a $10 bonus in their matching account to help reimburse them for the food they contributed.
- For one participant, it was his first time ever contributing to a potluck.
- The group celebrated Christmas, people’s birthdays, anniversaries, and other cultural holidays happening in the month of December.
- The group shared cultural/family holiday traditions and got to know each other a little better.
- The group filled out 75 anonymous Christmas cards for isolated seniors that were delivered to “Secret Santa Seniors Service” to be attached to gifts.
These highlights make me smile. One of the great things about working at Momentum is meeting new people and having new experiences. I love that we get to pass these opportunities on to our participants as well.