This April 15-17th, the Tamarack Institute and FSG Social Consultants will host Champions for Change: Leading a Backbone Organization for Collective Impact, a multi-day interactive workshop in Calgary, AB, designed specifically for leaders of Backbone Organizations of collective impact initiatives. This dynamic learning experience will be facilitated by pioneering leaders, Paul Born, Liz Weaver, John Kania and Fay Hanleybrown, who together possess a wealth of hands-on experience in supporting community change and collective impact initiatives across North America.
This event is intentionally designed for participants to be able to experience, network with, and learn from other practitioners who are actively engaged in collective impact work within their communities.
Workshops will be offered on topics such as:
- Deeply understanding the roles and impact strategies of the backbone organization
- Developing and learning from shared measurement
- Community engagement to build the will of your community
- Making collaborative governance effective
- Sustaining funding for collective impact over the long term
- Working in complexity and the importance of adaptive leadership
- Getting to true impact and systems change
Momentum is sharing this information because it is a partner in backbone organizations that are working to make Calgary a place where everyone can experience prosperity. Our friends at Vibrant Communities Calgary, for example, are the backbone organization for the Calgary Poverty Reduction Initiative. If you are involved in one of these backbone and want to better understand how it works, this is a workshop for you.
Discounted rates are available for colleagues who enroll together. To learn more or register your team for this three-day workshop, please visit the Champions for Change event page or email Carrie@tamarackcommunity.ca.