Looking to save some money? As the saying goes, there’s an app for that! Here are some free must-have apps to help you spend less:
- Check-Out 51
- Have you ever clipped coupons? Check-Out 51 is the high-tech version of the coupon. Each week, you will get a list of products that you can receive money back on after you buy them. The amount back will range from $0.25 to a few dollars. After you have purchased the item you will need to upload the receipt via the app. They will approve your purchase and add the money to your account (usually within 48 hours). Once your account hits $20 a cheque is mailed out to you.
- This app helps you to find the gas station closest to you with the lowest price per litre! Data comes from app users, so the information is always up to date. While we typically don’t comparison shop for gas, it never hurts to check out the app to see if there is a gas station near you that can offer up some savings. You can also earn points for reporting a gas price.
- The real value in this app is located in the forums. Here you will discover money savings tips, find out when stores are having big sales, and get informed about hot deals and coupons.
- Similar to RedFlagDeals, BargainMoose is a Canadian shopping community where you can get more information about money savings deals and coupons.
- If you have ever wanted to find all your favorite flyers in one place, then you are in luck! Flipp replaces paper flyers by bringing flyers onto your smartphone. You can search for a specific flyer, and browse through it. You can go through the flyers of your favorite stores on your phone, and you can clip items to make a shopping list.
- What I love about Flipp is that you can easily search for a specific product (let’s say milk) to see all the flyers that have that item and check the price. A lot of stores nowadays price-match, meaning they will honor a lower price that is found at another store. Flipp makes this process a breeze, as you can just show the cashier your phone instead of toting around a paper flyer!
- Flipp can also help you comparison shop. If you are thinking about buying a large ticket item at a particular store, you can quickly check Flipp to see if it is on sale anywhere else first.
Are there any other money savings apps out there? Please comment below and let us know!