Business Feasibility Study
What is a Business Feasibility study?
A feasibility study can help you decide if your idea can be turned into a successful business. You will figure out how much money you will need to start the business, research companies who provide the same product/service, and determine who your target customer would be. The feasibility study will help you decide if you want to start the business, and if you want to apply for one of Momentum’s longer business programs.
The program runs on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for the weeks of:
September 10 – 12, 2019 from 1:00pm – 3:30pm
November 19 – 21, 2019 from 1:00pm – 3:30pm
November 26 – 28, 2019 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm
It is expected that participants have 100% attendance with absences allowable only under special circumstances. There may be a need for participants to work on their feasibility studies outside of class time. Participants can reasonably expect the program commitment to be 10 hours per week.
There is no business coaching provided in the Business Feasibility Study program.
Microloans are not available for participants in the Business Feasibility Study program.
CostFree. There is no Alberta Income support or Employment Insurance support for this program.
Learn the skills
- Learn your entrepreneurial characteristics
- Explore and refine your business idea
- Complete preliminary research
- Conduct a feasibility study and make a decision about the likely success of your business idea
- Decide on next steps, which may include applying for one of Momentum’s longer Programs
Do you qualify?
- You are living on a low or fixed income
- You have a business idea (or two) that you would like to explore
- You are available to attend each class
- You are over 18 years of age
Let’s talk about your business idea! If you would like to apply for the Business Feasibility Study course please call 403-204-2657 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if this program is best for you.
You may also attend one of our free Discover Self Employment information sessions to learn more about our business programs and fill in an application. Upcoming dates for the Discover Self Employment program may be found through the program calendar, below.