Start planning for your kids’ education after high school. StartSmart is a 1.5-hour workshop where you will learn how to open a registered education savings plan (RESP) and how to get free money from the government for your child’s post-secondary education.
Learn the skills
- Get government money for your kids' education after high school
- Up to $2,000 free per child with the Canada Learning Bond
- Up to $7,200 with the Canada Education Savings Grant
- Total: $9,200 in free government bonds and grants
- Open a no-fee Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) at your bank to help you save.
This program is for anyone interested in learning about a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP).
Ready to open your child’s RESP now?
Download the Quick Reference Guide to Opening an RESP. It even includes questions to ask your RESP provider!
A note about StartSAVER: SmartSAVER is a non-profit community project. Their goal is to make it easier for families to understand and access the government money that is available for education after high school using a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)