It can be hard to start your career in a construction or manufacturing trade if you don’t have the skills you need. The pre-apprenticeship program can help you build important skills to achieve your dreams.
Through this program you will:
- Learn about attitudes that will help you succeed
- Develop the vocabulary (words) used in your trade
- Receive one-on-one support
- Have an opportunity to enter an apprenticeship
- Build self-confidence for your future
Learn the skills
- Upgrade in English, Math, Science and Employment Skills
- Get technical training through SAIT
- Become certified in Safety and First Aid
- Gain work experience
Do you qualify?
- Are underemployed or unemployed
- Were born outside of Canada OR are an Indigenous Person
- Currently live in Calgary
- Are ready, willing and able to enter a career in the trades
- Immigrants must have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 5/6*
We are currently accepting applications for the following programs:
Automotive Service – Heavy Duty Technician
This 25-week training program is to help individuals enter the Automotive Service and Heavy Duty trades. In this program, you will gain foundational skills in both the Automotive Service and Heavy Duty trades. The program runs November 26, 2018 – May 31, 2019.
During this 25-week program, you will learn all the skills you need to become a carpenter, including: English, science and math upgrading, employment skills, communication skills and business skills. Programs runs Oct 29, 2018 – April 26, 2019.