It can be hard to start your career in a construction or manufacturing trade if you don’t have the skills you need. The pre-apprenticeship program can help you build important skills to achieve your dreams.
Through this program you will:
- Learn about attitudes that will help you succeed
- Develop the vocabulary (words) used in your trade
- Receive one-on-one support
- Have an opportunity to enter an apprenticeship
- Build self-confidence for your future
Learn the skills
- Upgrade in English, Math, Science and Employment Skills
- Get technical training through SAIT
- Become certified in Safety and First Aid
- Gain work experience
Do you qualify?
- Are underemployed or unemployed
- Were born outside of Canada OR are an Indigenous Person
- Have been a resident of Alberta for at least three months
- Currently live in Calgary
- Are ready, willing and able to enter a career in the trades
- Immigrants must have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 5/6*
We are currently accepting applications for these programs. Please contact us for more information.