It can be hard to start your career in a construction or manufacturing trade if you don’t have the skills you need. The pre-apprenticeship program can help you build important skills to achieve your dreams.
Through this program you will:
- Learn about attitudes that will help you succeed
- Develop the vocabulary (words) used in your trade
- Receive one-on-one support
- Have an opportunity to enter an apprenticeship
- Build self-confidence for your future
Learn the skills
- Upgrade in English, Math, Science and Employment Skills
- Get technical training through SAIT
- Become certified in Safety and First Aid
- Gain work experience
Do you qualify?
- Are underemployed or unemployed
- Were born outside of Canada OR are an Indigenous Person
- Currently live in Calgary
- Are ready, willing and able to enter a career in the trades
- Immigrants must have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 5/6*
We will soon be accepting applications for the following program:
This training program is to help individuals enter the Carpentry trade. In this program, you will gain foundational skills in the trade. The program will open for applications in Autumn 2019.