There can be many financial obstacles on the path towards a better job. You can access community and financial resources to help reach your goals, receive career support and referrals, and even receive a microloan of up to $10,000 to ensure you don’t need to quit before you reach your goal.
The Job Boost loan can be used to pay for costs of getting a better job, such as: tuition or training, online learning, books and supplies, certification or re-certification, tools for work, record suspension, exam fees, professional association fees, short-term living expenses, or other expenses that will lead to better employment.
The Job Boost Program can:
- Provide low-cost, character based loans to help you get a better job
- Help you access community and financial resources to assist with your job goals
- Provide career support and referrals, to assist you in getting a better job
- Help you build or repair your credit by repaying a Momentum Job Boost loan
Do you qualify?
- You have a plan to work towards a better job that is realistic and achievable, and/or you are currently working towards getting a better job and are at risk of stopping your plan due to lack of money
- You have received all other financial support, including grant or loan program support that you are eligible for
- You are not able to get bank or student loans
- You do not qualify for government learner support, exposure courses, or other grants
- You are under or unemployed
- You live in Calgary or the surrounding area