There can be many financial obstacles on the path towards a better job. You can access community and financial resources to help reach your goals, receive career support and referrals, and even receive a microloan of up to $10,000 to ensure you don’t need to quit before you reach your goal.
The Job Boost loan can be used to pay for costs of getting a better job, such as:
- tuition or training
- online learning
- books and supplies
- certification or re-certification
- tools for work
- record suspension
- exam fees
- professional association fees
- short-term living expenses
- other expenses that will lead to better employment
The Job Boost Program can:
- Provide low-cost, character based loans to help you get a better job
- Help you access community and financial resources to assist with your job goals
- Provide career support and referrals, to assist you in getting a better job
- Help you build or repair your credit through the repayment of a Momentum Job Boost loan
Do you qualify?
- You are working towards a better job or goal that is realistic and achievable and/or may need money to continue this.
- You have looked into any other financial support, including grants or loan programs, for which you are eligible.
- You are unable to access bank or student loans.
- You are unqualified for government learner support, exposure courses, or other grants.
- You are under or unemployed.
- You live in Calgary or the surrounding area.