Micro Business Loans
You can apply for up to $10,000 if you have a completed one of Momentum’s Business Development programs, have a business plan, and acceptable credit history.
Sometimes you need a little extra support to start or expand your business, but you face difficulty getting a loan from a bank or credit union. You may be able to receive a Momentum microloan, where your character and commitment to your business are considered. This means your credit history doesn’t have to be perfect!
The loan can be used to pay for business costs, such as: licensing and registration, tools or equipment, advertising, relevant trade shows and inventory.
Do you qualify?
To be eligible for a Micro Business Loan, you must:
- Have completed one of Momentum’s business training programs within the past six months
- Complete a business plan
- Have updated business financials
- Fill out an application form
- Not have any undischarged bankruptcies
- Be ready, willing and able to start a business
- Be unable to access traditional business financing
- Be an owner/operator with at least 51% ownership
- Live in Calgary or surrounding areas (Airdrie, Canmore, Cochrane Chestermere Okotoks)
To apply for a MicroLoan you must first have completed one of Momentum’s business training programs. For more information please speak to your program Facilitator, call us at 403.204.2657, or email email@example.com.