Micro Business Loans
Sometimes you need a little extra support to start or expand your business. And sometimes you face difficulty getting a loan from a bank or credit union. You may be able to receive a micro loan where your character and commitment to your business are considered, which means your credit history doesn’t have to be perfect. You can apply for up to $10,000 if you have a completed any Business Development program at Momentum, have a business plan and acceptable credit history.
The loan can be used to pay for business costs, such as: licensing and registration, tools or equipment, advertising and inventory.
Do you qualify?
- You have a reasonable business idea
- You live in Calgary
- You do not have any undischarged bankruptcies
- You have completed one of Momentum’s business training programs
- You are ready, willing and able to start a business
- You are unable to access traditional business financing
- You are an owner/operator with at least 51% ownership
To apply for this program, you must first attend Momentum’s free Exploring Entrepreneurship orientation. For more information or to sign up call us at 403.204.2657.
If you qualify, you will be invited for a one-on-one interview.
To be eligible for a Micro Business Loan, you must:
- Attend the orientation
- Complete a business training program
- Complete a business plan
- Fill out an application form
Have you already completed the orientation, attended a business training program and completed a business plan? Fill out the form below: