Micro Business Loans
You can apply for up to $10,000 in funding for your business if you have a completed one of Momentum’s Business Development programs, have a business plan, and acceptable credit history.
Sometimes you need a little extra support to start or expand your business, but may face difficulty getting a loan from a bank or credit union. You may be eligible to receive a Momentum Micro Business Loan – where your character and commitment towards your business mean more than your credit history.
The Micro Business Loan can be used to pay for business costs such as: licensing and registration, tools or equipment, advertising and marketing, relevant trade show attendance, and/or inventory, and more.
Do you qualify?
To be eligible for a Micro Business Loan, you must:
- Have completed one of Momentum’s business training programs within the past six months
- Complete a business plan
- Have updated business financials
- Fill out an application form
- Not have any undischarged bankruptcies
- Be ready, willing and able to start a business
- Be unable to access traditional business financing
- Be an owner/operator with at least 51% ownership
- Live in Calgary or surrounding areas (Airdrie, Canmore, Cochrane Chestermere Okotoks)
To apply for a Micro Business Loan you must first have completed one of Momentum’s business training programs. For more information please speak to your program Facilitator, call us at 403.204.2657, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.