Micro Business Loans
Sometimes you need a little extra support to start or expand your business. And sometimes you face difficulty getting a loan from a bank or credit union. You may be able to receive a micro loan where your character and commitment to your business are considered, which means your credit history doesn’t have to be perfect. You can apply for up to $10,000 if you have a completed any Business Development program at Momentum, have a business plan and acceptable credit history.
The loan can be used to pay for business costs, such as: licensing and registration, tools or equipment, advertising and inventory.
Do you qualify?
- You have a reasonable business idea
- You live in Calgary
- You do not have any undischarged bankruptcies
- You have completed one of Momentum’s business training programs
- You are ready, willing and able to start a business
- You are unable to access traditional business financing
- You are an owner/operator with at least 51% ownership
To apply for this program, you must first attend Momentum’s free Exploring Entrepreneurship orientation. For more information or to sign up call us at 403.204.2657 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you qualify, you will be invited for a one-on-one interview.
To be eligible for a Micro Business Loan, you must:
- Attend the orientation
- Complete a business training program
- Complete a business plan
- Fill out an application form