Evening Self Employment Program
This is an evening program in which participants will develop a comprehensive business plan and launch their business. Participants of the Evening Self Employment Program will receive classroom instruction and individual business coaching. The classroom portion of the program takes place twice per week over 12 weeks. One-on-one business coaching is offered once weekly for 24 weeks. A group will have a maximum of 12 participants.
Times6:00pm – 8:30pm on Tuesday and Thursday of the program weeks
Business coaching is designed to support participants with individual needs that may not be covered or are more difficult to address in the classroom. This one on one relationship provides an amazing opportunity for participants to receive tailored feedback and support throughout their start-up process. Business coaching will take place once per week during the program and is available for an additional 12 weeks after the program.
Micro Business Loans of up to $10,000.00 are available for participants who successfully complete the Evening Self Employment Program. Participants need to have a completed business plan, up to date financials, and acceptable credit history. Credit history does not have to be perfect. We are only able to provide loans to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents. Momentum’s Micro Business Loans are available at a 2% interest rate with 2-4 year terms of repayment. Completion of the program does not guarantee a participant’s loan application will be approved.
CostFree (There is no Alberta Income Support or Employment Insurance support for this program)
Learn the skills
- Write a comprehensive business plan
- Learn how to operate a successful business
- Weekly one-on-one meetings with a Business Coach
- Develop marketing and sales skills
- Develop money management skills
- Develop goal setting and decision-making skills
Do you qualify?
- You are living on a low income or seeking financial independence
- You have a realistic business idea and are ready to start your business while in the program
- You are available to attend classes on Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- You are coachable, committed, and ready to start your business!
Let’s talk about your business idea! If you would like to apply for the Evening Self Employment Program please call 403-204-2657 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out this program is best for you.
You may also attend one of our free Discover Self Employment information sessions to learn more about our business programs and fill in an application. Upcoming dates for the Discover Self Employment program may be found through the program calendar, below.