Are you working for a company that would like to help build the next generation of trades or IT professionals? Help someone build a career!
Trades Training and IT Training: knowledge and skills for a lifetime
Momentum has almost 30 years of experience working with employers to change our participants lives. We have partnered with more than 250 businesses for work experience and job placement. Ranging in size from large corporations to small and medium-sized enterprises, these companies have helped over 900 individuals launch their careers in the trades and technology.
What a Momentum participant will bring to your team: Trained Talent
- Strong or in-demand pre-apprentice skills
- Technical training from SAIT
- Training by a respected non-profit organization
- CSTS, WHMIS, and First Aid certifications
- Mature and reliable
- Career-minded focus
Momentum Trades participants can train to be pre-apprentice:
- Automotive/Heavy Equipment Technicians
- Including CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, AWS Cloud Practitioner, and AWS Cloud Architect
- Professional soft skills training including communication, work ethic, teamwork, problem solving, and resiliency
- Technical training from Bow Valley College and SAIT
- Motivated and skilled
- Career-minded focus
A Momentum IT Training intern could support your organization in a variety of capacities, including:
- Maintain equipment inventories
- User/help desk support (e.g. customer service and ticket response)
- Refurbish and redeploy or decommission equipment (e.g. life cycle projects)
- QA testing for new system/software releases (e.g. bug tracking and risk assessment)
- Image and deploy new workstations
- Review and update internal user support guides
- Special projects
Momentum IT Training participants start careers such as:
- IT User and/or Helpdesk Support
- IT Technician/Specialist
- Network Support Administration
- Cloud Application Developer
- Cloud Solution Administration
- Knowledge Base Administration
There is no direct cost for employers to benefit from Momentum’s work-ready graduates.
What a Momentum participant will bring to the table: Hard work and dedication
Our participants want to work. They, like many of us, have faced challenges in life and are ready to overcome these to change their lives and communities for the better. They seek not only work experience, but the opportunity to truly commit to an employer who recognizes their value and contribution to the job.
What would partnering with Momentum mean for your company:
When you host a work placement for a Momentum Trades or Tech Plus participant you are helping make one individual’s life better. You are also creating greater sustainability for families and communities. Empowering at least one participant through a no-cost work placement can lead to greater personal confidence and economic stability, enabling and encouraging them to further learn, earn, save, and .
Diversity, Equity, and inclusion
Momentum participants represent diverse perspectives and backgrounds, including, but not limited to, age, gender, race, religion, language, sexual orientation, cultural background, and country of origin. You will not only benefit from their professional skillset, but also their diverse viewpoints and experience. At Momentum, we embrace the diversity of our community and we look forward to helping our partners do the same.
Other benefits include:
You get the opportunity to train potential new employees at no cost, pre-screened candidates, you get to support the apprenticeship process as well as develop local trades and IT talent in Calgary. You also get access to diverse talent, access to a bigger talent pool and you also will receive ongoing support from Momentum.
Are you ready to add a valuable member to your team?
Not quite ready to host? there are many opportunities to support our participants such as advisory boards, offering labour market insights, hosting industry talks and conducting mock interviews! We would love to hear from you.